We all know how big hit Athadu Cinema is when it released in 2015, the cinema earned about Rs 220 million at Box office, for a budget of Budget Rs 180 million. Now here I am to tell the 9 facts about Athadu Cinema you are not aware of.
Facts about Athadu Cinema
10 Facts about Mahesh Babu Athadu Cinema
1. Athadu is the first Telugu Cinema to be dubbed into Polish as Poszukiwany, released in Poland, the Cinema also remade in Hindi, Bengali and dubbed in Tamil and Malayalam languages.
2. The role of Satyanarayana Murthy played by Nassar garu first approached to Sobhan Babu garu but as he is already retired he shown no interest in the cinema, and Balasubra manyam garu has done dubbing for the character.
2. After 7 years of the Cinema release, MAA TV renewed the contract by paying an amount of Rs 3.5 crores which was a record price.
4. The DVD of the Cinema was released by Aditya Music and won the best DVD award for its quality and is considered to be one of the highest sold DVDs in Tollywood history.
5. Cinema director Trivikram first approached Pawan Kalyan as lead actor in 2002 but he did not shown interest later it is casted with Mahesh as he shown interest in the cinema.
6. Before this Cinema Mahesh babu has 3 flops, but after Athadu Cinema became an enormous hit it grabbed Nandi Awards, Filmfare Awards South, Santosham Film Awards for the Best film, story and director.
7. The heroine charcter name in the cinema is Poori, Trivikram named it after a girl/woman living in his neighborhood
8. Athadu cinema had run 175 days in Sudarshan 35 mm, Hyderabad, grossing Rs 1.40 crores from the theater alone.
9. Effect shots in the cinema action scenes were done using around 160 motion cameras imported from London. It took close to 2 years to shoot the climax shootout, as it was entirely shot indoors.
10. The house set constructed for Athadu is being converted into studio and is being rented out to other film shoots for Rs 1 lakh a day.